Juniper is now closed for submissions.
- When submissions are open, please send up to 3 unpublished poems and your cover letter in the body of an email and *also in a single attached document* to the editors at email@example.com
- In your short cover letter, please include a third-person bio (max. 75 words) as well as a list of the titles of your poems.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please email us immediately if you have to withdraw one or more of your poems.
- We try to respond to submissions within two months.
- Please only submit once during a submission period.
We are only open for submissions during the first two weeks of January, May and September:
Jan. 1 to Jan 14
May 1 to May 14
Sept. 1 to Sept. 14
For former contributors: please keep in mind that ideally we’d like to feature a poet’s work but once a year.
Poems we love and can’t imagine the world doing without include: “Looking West from Laguna Beach at Night,” by Charles Wright, “Let Evening Come,” by Jane Kenyon, and “won’t you celebrate with me,” by Lucille Clifton.